Identity Theft, Data Breaches, Fraud: How Real is the Threat?
January 16, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$30
Living in the digital age offers convenience, ease of communication and timely access to information.
But that means there’s a greater risk of becoming a victim of identity theft, fraud, or data breach. Business owners need to be proactive in trying to prevent these negative events and react quickly if one occurs.
At this SCORE Naples seminar, nationally recognized identity theft expert Carrie Kerskie, president and CEO of Griffon Force LLC and director of Hodges University’s Identity Theft Institute, will show attendees:
- How data breaches occur
- Consequences of a data breach
- Ways to reduce the risk of a data breach
- Risk levels of identity theft
- How to conduct a data privacy assessment
- Creating a data privacy and breach plan
Attendees will leave with:
- An overview of security threats and vulnerabilities relevant to small businesses
- Tips for best practices to protect your business
- Knowledge of resources available to assist you
- An understanding of how to design a data breach response plan